Our client is currently looking for a food scientist for a contract opportunity. This could be your opportunity to develop your skills in a rewarding role with a large company with opportunities for growth.
Contract – 3 months
Pay rate = $40.74/h
Location: Don Mills, ON
• Responsible for understanding and application of relevant regulations, policies, guidelines (e.g. Food and Drug Regulations, Guide to Food Labeling and Advertising, NHP Regulations, Processed Product Regulations, Advertising Standards of Canada Code, Organic certification, Kosher certification, etc.) to support business and compliance goals.
• Create ingredient listing and nutritional facts panel for finished products in accordance with regulations.
• Review and approve nutrition and regulatory components of packaging artwork, label copy, advertising, promotional and educational materials, to ensure accuracy and compliance of claims, ingredient and nutritional statements, etc. to government regulations, and the client corporate policies.
• Integrate nutrition and regulatory guidance and insights into total business strategy to help drive competitive innovation agenda, accelerate growth and protect base business.
• Assist with regulatory compliance of all products through the government approval process.
• Assist Consumer Services Department with consumer concerns and inquiries.
• Completed Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Nutrition or related field.
• Strong technical background in nutrition science, with minimum 3 years’ experience in a consumer/food products company.
• In-depth knowledge of Food & Drug Act and Regulations (including NFP Regulations), Guide to Food Labelling and Advertising, Processed Products Regulations, consumer Packaging & Labeling Act.
• Able to rapidly develop an in-depth knowledge of products and business operations.
• Requires team and individual leadership skills in complex nutrition and regulatory matters.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent organization and project management skills with the ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
• High standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Must be familiar with Canada regulations
Email your resume : email@example.com
Your résumé will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly consultant. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission. We thank all applicants for your interest however, only those qualified will be called for an interview.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can build a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.